Lisa Rose's Blog

she's a rebel, she's a saint, she's the salt of the earth, and she's dangerous

Friday, June 30, 2006

My Teacher Life

I finally have lots of students, so I'm busier, my cat likes me, I get to have a nice work-free Friday night....life is good! (Mostly, at least)

Yesterday was one of those days that reminded me why I am a teacher. I woke up grumpy and didn't want to go work. But I didn't have even a shred of an excuse not to, so off I went anyway. My first students were a couple of extremely cute kids who were quite excited about learning to read. Then I went to a new family where I gave my first English lessons to four kids and their mom who alternately participated to try to learn along or herded her kids around to keep them paying attention. I have never, never seen people so excited to learn English. Or to learn anything, for that matter.

In the end, it was quite energizing, and I had a lot of fun, though I was pretty wiped out by the end of the day.

Labels:

2 Comments:

  • At 11:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    what? teaching never wipes you out... it's such an easy, relaxing, no-surprises, job...

     
  • At 2:48 PM, Blogger mennorose said…

    ha, ha, ha!!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home