Lisa Rose's Blog

she's a rebel, she's a saint, she's the salt of the earth, and she's dangerous

Saturday, May 13, 2006

Life Goes On

Well, life still stinks, but I'll try not to dwell on it too much. In an attempt last night to pray beyond, "dear God please give me a pony," or more acurately, "dear God please don't give me the chicken pox," I realized that even in the very worst case scenario I can think of, while I wouldn't like it, all that we'd have would really be inconveniences. So, while this whole house thing is stressful, I'm trying to keep it in perspective. (Operative word: trying)

Current distractions lately have been going to the sibs' performances. Last night I went to Leanne's band concert. Adam remarked at how listening to middle school band must be painful, but I replied that he was thinking of middle school orchestra. (I fully support kids learning strings - it's good! But it's also painful for a while! I know; I didn't get past the painful part in my violin lessons...) They were pretty good to listen to, though a bit loud in Sauder - someone should have closed all the curtains (they absorb sound).

Today I went to Robert's piano recital. The Community School of the Arts now does their recitals, at least some of them, with multiple instruments. It was quite interesting to hear the mix of piano (mostly), violin, guitar, and cello. I kind of wish that we'd had that kind of variety when I played in recitals.

That's all for now. Ta ta!

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

  • At 11:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    will it cheer you up to hear that simon has returned? he returned this morning while i was getting ready for church.

     
  • At 2:10 PM, Blogger mennorose said…

    Yes, it is very cheery to have a kitty again! (Ok, a surrogate cat....but soon he'll be ours, and poor Angi won't have anyone to torture!)

     
  • At 11:10 AM, Blogger Jeffrey Stuart Martin said…

    Poor who??????? Good perspective on the house thing.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home