Lisa Rose's Blog

she's a rebel, she's a saint, she's the salt of the earth, and she's dangerous

Tuesday, May 02, 2006

It's gloriously rainy outside!

It's wonderfully grey and rainy today! Some people talk about how rainy days are gloomy and sad. Sure, I can appreciate the gloom of a rainy day - sometimes a rainy day is best spent by curling up inside with a book. And I guess I'm learning that I really do need a decent amount of sunlight, after my last two winters here in Indiana. In all honesty though, a rainy day tends to cheer me up! Just the smell of rainy weather is enough make me smile most days. I have loved rain for as long as I can remember, especially when I can listen to it while I go to sleep. I walked outside to the car this morning, tired and a bit glum, but as soon as I got out into the glorious grey mist, I cheered up!

It's especially great after missing the rain all winter. Now I'm ready for a good thunderstorm! (I can remember not liking those, but I love them now...as long as I'm not driving in them.)

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

  • At 6:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    i love the rainy weather, too! it used to drive jamie (rose) nuts :) well, i suppose it still would, but i'm not around her much when it's rainy. the only thing i don't like about the rainy weather is that we are stuck inside at work all day (well, most of the day). and i don't like driving in it. which i had to do a lot of this weekend. that was no fun. i would much prefer to be at home when it rains, so i can enjoy it! that's when i love to be on my front porch :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home