Lisa Rose's Blog

she's a rebel, she's a saint, she's the salt of the earth, and she's dangerous

Saturday, December 16, 2006

Teaching has its perks....

So, I've found that I tend to like teaching at the high school level better than at the middle school level. I like middle school more than I thought I would, but it's still a weird in-between time.

However, in high school, you don't get the cute pictures from kids to hang on your wall and cute notes like the one I got yesterday. It reads:
"Mrs. Martin I think que somos muy malos con usted pero yo la quiero mucho...."
"I think we behave very bad for you but I love you very much...."

Of course, predictably, this is from a 5th grade girl who behaves perfectly fine but just feels bad because she happens to be stuck in my worst-behaved class.

Also, yesterday, I had the best idea all year....About 10 minutes before class started, I decided that for Friday's Preferred Activity Time, I'd have my two middle school classes make a Christmas/winter bulletin board. It was awesome, because they loved doing it, they did a really good job, and....I hate making bulletin boards! Goodbye to ever doing that job myself again!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home